Back to School
Online Success Workshop
Full-time online students will participate in an online orientation before the start of the school year. The content for this workshop will be housed in a module of Schoology, our learning management system. Components of this content will include:
- Understanding your teacher’s Schoology page
- Overview of digital tools in Edina and how to access them
- Communication between home and school in a digital environment
- Accessing resources (such as counseling and support)
- Introduction of digital learning platforms for online students
- Strategies for success
Students will meet with the EVP counselor to select a schedule of courses and to provide an opportunity for the school to get to know their goals, strengths, and needs. Parents/guardians are encouraged to participate in this meeting.
New students and parents/guardians are provided with login information for the Edina Portal in order to gain access to school materials or to track their child’s progress.
Students are invited to come in-person at the start of the year to get their pictures taken for yearbook and school IDs and to pick up materials. Families who do not live nearby can arrange for other methods to receive materials and for their child’s picture to appear in the yearbook.